Principals and/or Athletic Directors can access the IHSAA Student Advisory Committee nomination form on the www.ihsaa.net site. Any IHSAA member school can nominate one current sophomore to be a member of the 2014-15 IHSAA Student Advisory Committee. Applications must be submitted no later than June 27, 2014. Twenty candidates to be interviewed for the 9 available positions. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified no later than July 7, 2014. Interviews will be conducted on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at the IHSAA office in Indianapolis.
It is a two year commitment.
The IHSAA Student Advisory Committee will be composed of 18 members. Membership from each of the 3 districts will be the following:
- 9 seniors
- 9 juniors
- At least 1 student representing each of the four classes
- At least 2 student representing each of three districts
- At least 2 “minority” representatives
- At least 1 “urban school” representative
- At least 1 “private school” representative
- Attend four meetings per year
- Attend Annual Fall Retreat
- Attend an IHSAA State Championship during each season (fall, winter, and spring)
- In addition, attend Football and Basketball State Championships
- Plan and attend a Fall Area Student Meeting
- Plan and attend the annual IHSAA Student Leadership Conference