Principals and/or Athletic Directors can access the IHSAA Student Advisory Committee nomination form on their IHSAA Portal. Any IHSAA member school can nominate one rising Junior to be a member of the 2017 IHSAA Student Advisory Committee. Applications must be submitted no later than June 17, 2016. Twenty candidates will be interviewed for the nine available positions. Interviews will be conducted on Saturday, July 15, 2017 at the IHSAA Office in Indianapolis.
It is a two year commitment.
The IHSAA Student Advisory Committee is composed of eighteen student-athletes from the member schools. Membership from each of the 3 districts will be the following:
- 9 seniors
- 9 juniors
- At least 1 student representing each of the four classes
- At least 2 student representing each of three districts
- At least 2 “minority” representatives
- At least 1 “urban school” representative
- At least 1 “private school” representative
- Attend four meetings per year
- Attend Annual Fall Retreat
- Attend an IHSAA State Championship during each season (fall, winter, and spring)
- In addition, attend Football and Basketball State Championships
- Plan and attend a Fall Area Student Meeting
- Plan and attend the annual IHSAA Student Leadership Conference